What are the Women in Law Awards?
LexisNexis Middle East is pleased to launch the Women in Law Awards to celebrate women’s achievements and innovations in legal practice.
In the Arab world, the increase in the number of women in the legal field has accelerated over the past few years. In 10 years, their number has increased by more than 50%.
Sign of a remarkable evolution, this mass entry of women into the legal world raises questions around diversity, equal opportunities, gender pay gaps, and flexible working conditions. Law firms and companies have made significant improvement in terms of gender equality even if there is still a long way to go.
These awards are also here to recognise those organisations that have put efforts into promoting women and gender equality within their teams.
Why the Women in Law Awards?
At LexisNexis, we have decided to celebrate the inspiring women we have been able to meet and work with over the past few years in the legal field by showcasing their excellence and achievements. It is also an opportunity to highlight how gender diversity within a team is important and enables the success of a law firm or a company, by honouring some of the most innovative initiatives in terms of gender equality.
Law Firm and Company Categories
- Law Firm of the Year (International Firm)
- Law Firm of the Year (Regional Firm)
- Legal Department of the Year (Large team)
- Legal Department of the Year (Small team)
- Equality Initiative of the Year
- Private Practice Lawyer of the Year
- General Counsel of the Year
- Legal Counsel of the Year
- Litigator of the Year
- Arbitration Lawyer of the Year
- Construction Lawyer of the Year
- Corporate Lawyer of the Year
- Banking, Finance & Restructuring Lawyer of the Year
- Employment Lawyer of the Year
- Rising Star – Private Practice Lawyer of the Year
- Rising Star – In-House Lawyer of the Year
- Law Firm Leader of the Year
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Legal Services Innovator of the Year
- Professional Achievement Award
- Woman of the Year
How to Participate
You can either nominate yourself or a colleague in the categories above.
A person cannot be nominated in more than three categories.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS 11:59 PM ON SUNDAY, 9 JANUARY 2022.
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED.